SUBMISSION DEADLINE – MONDAY MARCH 21, 2016
Applicants are required to send a SHORT Cover letter. Applicants who do not send a Cover letter or do not include the required information given below will not be considered.
Sales Unit Leader
We are looking for a Sales Leader; someone who wants to make a big difference within a young organization. Someone who has demonstrated hands-on leadership qualities to organize and build a winning Sales team. Someone agile, looking to empower their team members and our customers; to contribute positively to the environment we live in, while laying foundational blocks of a respected, successful Kenyan company.
Must have proven success in leading people, with concrete results to show in terms of the Sales achievement of his/her previous teams.
Applicants are required to send a SHORT Cover letter. Applicants who do not send a Cover letter or do not include the required information given below will automatically be disqualified.
Information required in Cover letter:-
Elaborate on your previous role(s) as the leader and builder of a team (role held for at least 1 year)
Demonstrate achievement of sales results – what have you and your team achieved… Specifically give numbers showing achievements clearly (increase in sales volume, value, customer base, etc.)
Why you are interested in the advertised role – relate this to your personal and career goals, what you consider your biggest asset that you would bring to our organization, etc.
(1) How you would go about recruiting of Sales Agents and
(2) Which channels you would mobilize in order to reach the target customer market
Target Gross earnings per month – what do you hope to earn in total per month, ie. basic salary + commissions ?
Absolute Minimum basic salary acceptable (this is not what you are hoping you earn, it is the basic pay below which you would NOT consider to accept the role)
If successful, when you would be available to start
As you might know, Africa is the next frontier for Global development, having been particularly resilient to the Global Economic hardships facing the West. In general, business is booming in Africa, particularly in East Africa!
There is, however, a significant shortfall in the required Electricity to support this boom. We at EOS are out to capitalize on this opportunity, by offering affordable, quality Solar Solutions.
We are a young, multi-cultural company, based in Kenya, providing end-to-end Industrial, Commercial and Residential Solar solutions to key growth segments. We are looking for excited and energized Sales Unit Leader to join our force.
If you are open-minded, value cultural diversity and keen to make a significant mark, please take a look at our requirements and contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The EOS Team
Sales Unit Leader
The Sales Unit Leader will report to the CEO and be a critical part of our growth journey. In turn, there will be significant opportunity for growth in responsibility and career advancement. The successful candidate will be a responsible, self-driven, detail-oriented Professional, keen on driving Sales of Solar solutions – to be part of a team moving ground-breaking renewable energy sector growth in Kenya.
Core Solutions offered are: Solar Water Heating (including premium swimming pool heating), Street & Security Lighting (both all-in-one lights and split lighting), Off-grid & Grid-connected solar power.
As the Sales Unit Leader, you will be highly self-driven and leverage on your existing networks as well as create new networks to identify, reach, recruit, train and motivate a team of Sales Agents. Together with your Sales Agents, you will be expected to Market and Sell to Residential customers, real-estate developments, Small-, Medium- and Large-Commercial institutions. You will drive Training, Mentorship and Motivation of Agents to educate the customer on the benefits of Solar Energy; specifically convert sales of the above-mentioned solutions offerings. Take full advantage of the recent new Ministry of Energy Regulation requiring all homes to install Solar Water Heating. Capitalize on this opportunity and lead the Company to become the well-recognized standard in Solar. See www.eos.co.ke/swh
You are not only a team-player, you are the glue that allows the team to work. You will hire, mentor, strategize and guide Sales Agents to sell our Solutions to the customer. You will work with Senior Management to build a high level grasp of the Technical requirements involved in implementing our Solutions and thereby own the team’s end-to-end delivery to the customer.
As such, you are a key asset in defining EOS’ path to success in our formative years, both in way of generating Revenue and defining our Brand through managing and meeting customer expectations and delivering a world-class solution.
The ideal candidate will posses highly developed leadership skills, complimented by a proven track-record of Sales (commission-based). (S)he must possess the ability to REACH, RECRUIT, TRAIN and MOTIVATE a run a young team of Sales Agents. Must have strong qualitative and quantitative analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, strong commercial understanding, concise and clear communication, team-work, diplomacy, ability to self-motivate and co-motivate the team.
Must be excited by working in a fast-paced, no-hierarchy, agile, efficient environment.
Recruiting / Human Resource – will be 50% of the role
- Hiring Sales Agents.
- Success in the role will be weighed heavily on ability to Recruit, Retain and maintain ACTIVE (revenue-generating) Sales Agents.
Selling – will be 50% of the role
Your team Sells to Residential, real-estate developments, Small-, Medium- and Large-Commercial customers
- Assists team to Prepare Quotations in a modular, reusable, scalable way
- Your team Collects payment from Customer on time and in full
- Your team Receipts the Sale
Building an atmosphere fostering Teamwork
- Providing hands-on training, motivation to the team.
- Providing direction and guidance, hands-on strategy working closely with the CEO.
- Daily running responsibilities of a team of Sales Agents.
- Assist with defining Marketing spend and Sales budget, driven by the CEO.
- Finding and reaching out to Residential customers of the right target market – middle- to upper-class segment home-owners who are open-minded to move to Solar.
- Field-work with your team to reach new real-estate developments and commercial customers.
- Recommend ideal areas and means to promote our Solar solutions to the target market.
- Defines and categorizes target customers along with where to find them
- Highlights and drives opportunities to Market to those customers, eg. expos
- Understand the Customer’s needs / challenges
- Customize a solution
- Educates the customer while setting expectations
Owns EOS’s relationship with the Customer
- Your team is responsible for Customer satisfaction – by ensuring processes and best practices are followed to guarantee Quality
Your team is the Front-end Technical lead
- Technically defines the Customer’s needs and assists with high-level design of the system with the Technical expert
- Guides the Technical expert on Customer requirements/expectations before, during and after the Sale
Legal & Quality Control Interface
- Responsible for ensuring that Customer is made aware of and signs off on all Legal documentation prior to work commencing
- Responsible for maintaining Quality Assurance documentation for each Customer – filled in by the Technical Lead but driven by your sales force
Maintain electronic records of ALL customer interactions
Organized as per Management criteria / format
Present reports on Sales status to Senior Management in a methodical and routine manner – agreed upon with Management, weekly by default
- Basic salary
- Highly competitive Incentive scheme. A mix between sales commissions, recruiting bonus and overrides from your team member sales
- Benefits to be discussed
Successful candidates will possess the following track record / character traits:
Thirst to Sell, Sell, Sell; hunger to venture into solar energy solution selling. Have PROVEN RECORD of building aggressive teams, setting ambitious goals for your team; craft radical plans to achieve the goals and surpass them.
- SELF-DRIVEN, PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE LEADER able to build and motivate a team.
ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL in finding, reaching and chasing sales leads; these traits are imparted to your team through your practical ways of working.
Demonstrable ability to DEAL WITH AND LEARN FROM DISAPPOINTMENT when selling; and chart action plan to succeed going forward; for you and moreso for your team.
Practical HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE SELLING solutions; preferably technical solutions. Proven success in selling under Commission-based remuneration model.
AGILE WAY OF WORKING – we’re a dynamic, young team willing to do whatever it takes to succeed: Flat hierarchy, Thinking outside the box, being open to working some weekends in order to meet (residential) customers at their convenient time, etc.
- Knack for SIMPLICITY IN COMMUNICATION, both verbal and written – with peers, team members and your leaders.
Strong NETWORK of decision-makers: Residential home-owners in middle- to upper-class segments, real-estate developers, construction industry players, Small-, Medium- and Large-commercial institutions. Strong networks to recruit Sales Agents.
Minimum of 3 years EXPERIENCE in Leading a Team to Sell solutions. Demonstrate growth in Sales and over-achieving of targets.
- Bachelors degree or Diploma:
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar Technical field
- Sales-related or Human-Resource-related field
Leadership AND Sales-related achievement in a role(s) commensurate to the above education.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of our Solar solutions.
- Software expertise: Ability to do Quotations in MS Excel; technical drawings/sketches in MS Project / other; write letters in MS Word.